Manly West Manta Rays
The Manly West Mata Rays swim club provides opportunity for members to improve their swimming skills in a fun, safe environment.
The club is operated by a subcommittee of the Manly West State School P&C. The elected Chair, Treasurer and Secretary work alongside a team of parent/carer volunteers to run each club season and continue the 50-year legacy of the Manly West Manta Rays Swim Club.
Who can join
The Manly West Manta Rays Swimming Club welcomes swimmers of all abilities within the Manly West State School family and the wider community from 4 years of age.
If you are interested in a learn to swim program, stroke correction or squad training for your children, Bayside Swim School operates from the Manly West State School pool and can provide these lessons.
When we meet
Club nights are run on Monday nights during QLD School terms 4 & 1 at the Manly West State School pool
* Gates open at 6pm with the evening race program starting at 6.30pm.
What it costs
Full season (terms 4 and 1) - $105 for first family member and $40 each additional member.
Half season (one term only) - $75 for half year first child then $25 for each additional child.
Branded merchandise is available to purchase - latex swimming caps, polo shirts, jumpers, swimming togs for boys, girls, men.
How we swim
The goal is to improve your own time – races are grouped on PB (personal best times) so you are swimming in heats with others at the same level rather than age groups.
Club nights are an opportunity to catch up with the local swim club community while supporting swimmers to take part, have fun and focus on self-achievements.
* Free swim for registered swimmers to start each night
* Events are run for all strokes over 25m and 50m each club night
* Medley and longer distance races are held on different nights throughout the season
* Younger members are encouraged and supported by older club members in their races (if they are not confident or are trying a new stroke)
* Free Trial for new members